Thursday, October 6, 2011

Just A Quick Update

I did, in fact, pick up a copy of Dead Island. I haven't finished the game, and probably won't for a while. I will say right off the bat that the game has proven to be a relatively significant disappointment - if I do decide to continue playing, it will likely be solely to get enough notes to write an actual review.

In the meantime, I picked up both Gears of War 3 and Dark Souls and am enjoying them both thus far. Apart from leveling my rogue alt (like I've said before, I don't want this blog to become about WoW) I haven't been playing much of anything, so I'm really looking forward to this weekend when I'll be able to dive right into Dark Souls. Though diving into a game like Dark Souls may not actually be all that smart. I suppose it's okay, though; I didn't really want to sleep for the next month anyway... /sarcasm

The little bit of Dark Souls I've played already has succeeded in getting me to a level of giddiness I haven't reached in quite a while. Looking back at my (minimal) posting thus far, I do realize that the only actual review I've posted was of Demon's Souls. I know, it kinda sucks to get bogged down on only ever talking about souls of various types, but the fact of the matter is that the games are truly incredible. So, suck it up, and wait a few more days. My Gears review shouldn't take too much longer after DS.

Strongly considering buying some sort of PVR (HD if possible/within budget) so I can add video clips to my written reviews, or maybe even venture into the world of straight-up video reviews. A wildly popular Youtube channel isn't my immediate goal; at this point I've literally never even uploaded anything there. Regardless, I recognize the value of the site, and the added entertainment value of video reviews. These are all still just thoughts rolling around in my otherwise relatively empty head, but we'll see how they all pan out.

No comments:

Post a Comment